The duplex stainless steels (DSS) have many advantages due to the unique structural combination of ferrite and austenite grains.
There is no alternative to match the pricing of Duplex Stainless Steel if you compare the price with the high strength and excellent corrosion resistance of duplex steel with any other material available. The main advantage of ASTM A815 / A182 duplex steel is its ability to provide extremely cost-effective performance compared with a wider range of alloys.
Duplex Steel is the formation of both austenite and ferrite steel. It combines beneficiary properties of ferritic stainless steels such as resistance to stress corrosion cracking, and high strength, etc. austenitic stainless steels such as ready fabrication, good impact toughness, and good corrosion resistance, etc. whilst limiting the content of expensive alloying elements such as molybdenum and nickel.
With the thinner section of stainless duplex steel you can get more high strength than a thicker section of austenitic stainless steel.
Stainless Duplex Steel serves many different applications in these industry categories:
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)
- Oil & Gas
- Sea Water
- Water Desalination
- Solar Power
- Nuclear Power
- Chemical Process
We Metalfed Engineering is a well-known manufacturer of Duplex and Super Duplex Pipe Fittings and Flanges. To get dimensions, sizes, specifications, weight charts, tolerances, and prices click the links below:
- DUPLEX STEEL 2205 PIPE FITTINGS
- DUPLEX STEEL 2205 FORGED FITTINGS
- DUPLEX STEEL 2205 FLANGES
- SUPER DUPLEX 2507 PIPE FITTINGS
- SUPER DUPLEX 2507 FORGED FITTINGS
- SUPER DUPLEX 2507 FLANGES
CONCLUSION: DUPLEX STEEL
- Excellent resistance to neutral chloride stress corrosion
- Good corrosion fatigue resistance and wear corrosion resistance
- The overall mechanical properties are good
- Good weldability
- The range of hot working temperature is high
- Large thermal conductivity
- Lower Cost
- Increased Sustainability